Getting new clients for your business can be a daunting task. Many times you probably wished it worked like getting snacks out of your vending machine. You put your money in, push the button, and outcomes a high-quality lead. You want to get clients now.
Unfortunately, it very rarely works that way.
This article from Thrive Themes walks you through 15 of the best no or low-cost methods to get new clients for your freelance, service or consulting business.
Universal First Steps - Things you need to do for each of the strategies below:
- 1Locate your client resource network - This step involves you finding out where your ideal clients visit online to get advice and information. You then need to be a part of that network. These networks could be in a Paid Online Forums, Facebook Group, Subreddit, LinkedIn Group, Mastermind, Industry Guild, Association or Network, or Local Industry Group.
- 2Design and create your offer page - This is a landing page on your website where your prospect can sign up for a free product or offer.
- 1Using Twitter's Advanced Search - This is one of the best ways on this list to get new clients. With Twitter, people say what's on their mind very quickly and easily.
- 2Be a Guest on Podcasts - This works well as the podcast creators have you as a source for valuable content. Likewise, you have a way to talk to people in your audience about your product or service.
- 3Ask Me Anything Sessions - An expert in a particular area makes themselves available to answer any questions on a specific topic. You further get insight into the kind of questions your ideal clients have.
- 4Find Clients Using LinkedIn - Don't use bots or any automation but use the platform as designed to reach out to high-quality prospects.
- 5Swap Referrals with a Complimentary Business - Think of different services that precede your service and contact them with a win-win solution for their complementary business.
- 6Meet Your Ideal Clients Fast-to-Face - Gives you instant authority and trust. An excellent way to do this is to host a local event or workshop.
- 7Don't forget to followup with existing clients. Use CRM software or an email service provider as an automated reminder. The trigger for followup could be payment of an invoice or a specified period after you finish your services. You want to ask them for someone else who they think could use your services.
- 8Create a Killer Offer for Your Client Resource Network - Create a fantastic, special offer for those potential clients in your client resource network.
- 9Cold Outreach Using Email - Use a personalized message to establish a high-quality relationship.
- 10Be an Expert in Industry Facebook Groups - Offer helpful and reliable information to build trust within the community. If someone needs help, they will likely look to you for an answer.
- 11Ask - Ask people you know in your network if they know of someone who could use your services.
- 12Attend a Paid Event Involving Your Industry - Attend a paid event and interest with others who are attending.
- 13Offer an Incentive to Your Existing Clients for a Referral - Make use of existing clients as a source for new clients.
- 14Work with Influencers in Your Industry - Get feedback from an industry expert.
- 15Create a Profile on UpWork - You don't have to work for pennies on Upwork, and it could be a great source of qualified prospects looking for your services.
You can find all the details at How to Get Client Fast: 15 Actionable Strategies You Can Deploy Today.